FULL RECIPE BELOW
Follow along with our online culinary school chef as he shows you how to make a good ol’ fashioned Wisconsin beer and cheddar soup.
WISCONSIN CHEDDAR & BEER SOUP RECIPE: http://www.escoffieronline.com/how-to-make-wisconsin-cheddar-beer-soup/
4 oz. Unsalted butter
2 oz. Dice onion
2 oz. Dice celery
2 oz. Dice red pepper
2 oz. All-purpose flour
1 tsp. Dry mustard
¼ tsp. Paprika
2/2 tsp Ground thyme
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
12 FL oz. Beer
16 FL oz. Chicken stock
16 FL oz. Milk
8 oz. Wisconsin sharp Cheddar cheese grated
1 oz. Green onions thinly sliced
Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Heat the butter over medium heat; add the onion, celery, and red bell pepper, and cook 4 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
2. Add the flour; whisk in to make a roux. Add the seasonings and cook 3 minutes.
3. Add the beer and stock; stir vigorously to dissolve the roux, and then simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Heat the milk separately and add to the soup.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese until smooth.
6. Season with salt and pepper and garnished with the green onions when serving.
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+escoffieronline/posts